In many higher education institutions, you must choose your courses as soon as you apply/register. You must take all courses and pass all exams at your host university before leaving. Your application for the student exchange consists of the application form, a cover letter, a Learning Agreement, a Transscript of Records and a language certificate. If you are applying for an internship as an Erasmus+ Exchange Student (SMS), you will also need an invitation letter from your tutor at the University of Helsinki. For more information on finding a tutor, see How to apply for internships/end-of-studies/research work. If you are applying as an Erasmus+ Trainee (SMP), please consult the Application Guide as a Visiting Student.